Meet the Culinary Dream Team: Air Fryer and Fish
The air fryer and fish are a match made in heaven. This is the secret weapon to achieving tender and moist fish with a perfectly, crisp exterior.
Despite the name, air fryers are not fryers at all. They are similar to a convection oven and the healthier version of a deep fryer, creating food that tastes like it is fried without being drenched in oil. Despite being one of the most popular kitchen tools of the last five years and easy to use, the air fryer still prompts questions.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and some tips for cooking your Premier Catch seafood in the air fryer!
Air Fryer FAQS:
- Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer: This air fryer is designed like a classic convection oven but it has 13 cooking functions including air fryer and dehydration setting. Instead of a basket, it comes with pans for different types of food. The price is $399.95 on Amazon.
- Instant pot vortex: This air fryer has a 6 quart square basket and 6 main cooking functions. It is dishwasher safe and a sleek, modern design. What sets this air fryer apart is a small window to monitor cooking progress without opening the basket. The price is $109.95 on Amazon.
- Gourmia air fryer: This air fryer has a 7 quart square basket and 12 cooking functions. It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean. The price is $89.77 on Amazon.
Tips for Cooking Fish in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer for about five minutes before cooking.
- Start with a little bit of avocado oil or place your fish on foil before placing it in the air fryer to prevent it from sticking to the basket.
- Cook fish for slightly less time than you would in the oven. If cooking from frozen, increase the cooking time by 1.5-2x. For example, we typically air fry sockeye salmon for 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees or frozen sockeye salmon for 14 minutes at 400 degrees.
- For air-fryer recipes, check the Premier Catch Recipe Blog and try our favorites including 1. Air Fryer Fish Taco Bowl, 2. Simple Air Fryer Salmon, and 3. Air Fryer Crab Rangoons.
If you have any additional questions, comments, or favorite recipes using the air fryer, email us at email@example.com or reach out on social media @premiercatch.