We Go Together Like Crab and the Holidays
When we think of holiday feasts, Turkey and Ham steal the show… but we promise that once you include wild seafood in your festivities, you’ll never go back!
Eating crab during the holidays is a unique tradition that brings a touch of luxury and variety to festive feasts. Here is some inspiration for including crab in your holiday menu, along with some tips on how to prepare it.
- Unique Flavor and Texture: Crab offers a distinct, sweet flavor and tender texture that is a welcome change from traditional holiday meats like turkey or ham. From Dungeness to Bairdi, and, the star, King Crab, the succulent taste can elevate your holiday meal, making it memorable and special.
- Nutritional Benefits: Crab is a healthy addition to any meal. It's high in protein, low in fat, and contains essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. This makes it a nutritious choice for a holiday indulgence.
- Versatility in Cooking: Crab is incredibly versatile. Whether you're thinking of making crab cakes, a rich crab bisque, or simply serving crab legs with melted butter, there's a crab dish to suit everyone's taste at your holiday table!
- Festive and Fun: Eating crab can be a fun, interactive experience, especially with Premier Catch Snap-N-Eats! Our Dungeness crab legs are processed with individual scores. This "snap and eat" feature makes our crab legs easy to crack and enjoy!
Preparing Crab for the Holidays:
- Choose the Right Type: There are many types of crab available, such as King crab, Snow crab, and Dungeness crab. Each type offers a different flavor and texture, so choose based on your preference and the recipe you plan to use.
- Cooking Method: Steaming is a popular and easy way to cook crab. Simply bring a pot of water to a boil, place the crabs in a steamer basket above the water, and cover. The crab is done when it turns a bright orange color.
- Seasoning: Crab meat is naturally flavorful, so minimal seasoning is required. A bit of lemon, garlic, or herbs can enhance its flavor without overpowering it.
- Serving: Serve crab with simple sauces and side dishes that complement its flavor, such as a fresh salad or roasted vegetables.
Incorporating crab into your holiday menu adds a touch of elegance and offers a delicious departure from the usual. Its delightful flavor, nutritional value, and the fun of eating it make crab a perfect choice for a festive feast.
So join us and save a seat for wild seafood!