Can you eat the salmon skin?
If it’s wild and sustainably caught you can!
Salmon Skin "Bacon" Recipe:
- Once your Premier Catch Salmon portion is thawed, place the portion on a cutting board, and using a sharp knife or fillet knife, remove the skin from the salmon.
- Scrape off any leftover salmon flesh from the skin
- Cut the skin into 1 inch strips - like bacon! Pat dry with paper towels. This part is key and may take some time to get most of the moisture out of the skin so be patient here.
- Add sesame oil to a skillet and place over medium-high heat
- When the oil is hot, add the dried strips of salmon skin to the pan, turning the strips as needed to prevent burning
- When crispy, remove the strips and place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil
- Add salt to taste and serve with a side of soy sauce for dipping!
Ashley Besecker is the co-founder of Premier Catch and Director of Health and Nutrition. She is a registered dietitian nutritionist, certified dietitian, and nutritional genetics specialist. Ashley's blog covers the nutritional benefits of eating sustainable, wild seafood and more details on Premier Catch's sustainability commitment.